Re: Hello, I want in!

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Hello, I want in!
From: Amit Margalit <amitm@amitpc.iso.dec.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 07:50:16 +0300 (IDT)
Hi!

On Wed, 31 Jul 1996, Paul Antoine wrote:

> Amit (sp?) wrote:

What's the (sp?) thing? I didn't get it.

> What's missing are the full Functional Specifications for the 5000
> series, particularly the 5000/[23][035] and the 5000/1xx models.
>
> There are internal DEC documents which John 'maddog' Hall is trying to
> get cleaned up for general publication.  John's been a bit busy
> recently (as have I), so things are moving forward more slowly than
> we'd like.
>
> As for the general Status of the DEC Port (tm): I've begun integrating
> the DECstation code into 2.0.x, though I'm worried that I should be
> waiting for the work done by David Miller to be integrated before
> doing much more work on the DEC portion, as he appears to have done
> some fantastic stuff on R3000 code.
>
> I also want to make sure that anything Didier has done on
> R3000-specific code is included as well, so that the DEC port can take
> full advantage of it.
>
> Anyway, once I have 2.0.x booting to where the current 1.3.68 code
> does, Ralf and I will need to co-ordinate things!

Is there anything on gatekeeper.dec.com:/pub/DEC which you or others
haven't checked out yet?

        Amit

Amit Margalit (Software Support Digital Israel) amitm@doronx.iso.dec.com
All information in the above mail message is personal, and does not
imply on my employer. None of it should be attributed to my employer.