Re: Linux info

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Linux info
From: "David S. Miller" <dm@neteng.engr.sgi.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 19:59:52 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr, angus@aero.gla.ac.uk
   From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@Julia.DE>
   Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 16:01:33 +0200 (MET DST)

   > Iris Audio Processor: version A2 revision 4.1.0
   > 1 132 MHZ IP22 Processor
   > FPU: MIPS R4600 Floating Point Coprocessor Revision: 2.0
   > CPU: MIPS R4600 Processor Chip Revision: 2.0
   > On-board serial ports: 2
   > On-board bi-directional parallel port
   > Data cache size: 16 Kbytes
   > Instruction cache size: 16 Kbytes
   > Main memory size: 64 Mbytes
   > Integral ISDN: Basic Rate Interface unit 0, revision 1.0
   > Integral Ethernet: ec0, version 1
   > Integral SCSI controller 0: Version WD33C93B, revision D

   WD33C93?  Didn't know that anything else but Amigas uses
   these chips.  Dunno if David has added support for this chip
   but this will be easy, if not because it's already supported
   for Linux/68k.

You should see the look on the IRIX kernel engineer's faces when I
told them this was the SCSI chipset used by AMIGA's ;-)  Of course
there is a driver already ;-)

   Otherwise I think with this machine you're in the Linux race.
   (David, correct me if I tell wrong things ...)

THe 8-bit video he has in the only issue.  I have only written a
driver for the 24-bit INDY video card which is what is in my test box
right now.  I'll get a hold of an 8-bit card and fix this particular
problem.

Perhaps around mid-august something people can play around with on
INDY's will be available.

Yow! 233 microsecond remote host TCP latency ---- beat that
David S. Miller, dm@engr.sgi.com           /_____________/ / / / /_/ ><