Re: Linux info

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Linux info
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@Julia.DE>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 16:01:33 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: angus@aero.gla.ac.uk
Hi,

> I am interested in the development of Linux and would
> like to know more, or even help out if possible. I am a
> systems programmer/manager, working with a cluster of
> 20 SGI Indys running IRIX5.3. I have access to a spare
> R4600 - the 'hinv' command produces the following info:
>
> Iris Audio Processor: version A2 revision 4.1.0
> 1 132 MHZ IP22 Processor
> FPU: MIPS R4600 Floating Point Coprocessor Revision: 2.0
> CPU: MIPS R4600 Processor Chip Revision: 2.0
> On-board serial ports: 2
> On-board bi-directional parallel port
> Data cache size: 16 Kbytes
> Instruction cache size: 16 Kbytes
> Main memory size: 64 Mbytes
> Integral ISDN: Basic Rate Interface unit 0, revision 1.0
> Integral Ethernet: ec0, version 1
> Integral SCSI controller 0: Version WD33C93B, revision D

WD33C93?  Didn't know that anything else but Amigas uses
these chips.  Dunno if David has added support for this chip
but this will be easy, if not because it's already supported
for Linux/68k.

Otherwise I think with this machine you're in the Linux race.
(David, correct me if I tell wrong things ...)

> Disk drive: unit 2 on SCSI controller 0
> Disk drive: unit 1 on SCSI controller 0
> Graphics board: Indy 8-bit
> Vino video: unit 0, revision 0, IndyCam not connected
>
> We also have R4400 and R5000 machines in the department.
> If you could add me to any relevant mailing list then
> I would be very grateful.

I subscribed you.