Re: .

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: .
From: "David S. Miller" <dm@neteng.engr.sgi.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 06:09:42 -0700
Cc: jps@siteways.nl
   From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@Julia.DE>
   Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 15:08:21 +0200 (MET DST)

   > That is immediately my biggest problem: SGI workstations are never
   > mentioned inside your site. So I wonder if there is support at all for
   > SGI Stations; a strange thing, since MIPS is in fact 'an SGI company'.

   Well, you didn't read everything :-)  David S. Miller is currently porting
   my MIPS port (for a number of more or less PC-like machines and
   DECstations) to SGI workstations.  For now it isn't yet working on all
   types of SGI machines but progress is fast and a first distribution is
   expected soon.

Once my mentors (Greg Chesson and Larry McVoy) return from their
respective buisness trips at the end of the week I will work on
merging my massive kernel changes back to Ralf.  Libc is coming along
(Ralf and I are already working closely on this one) so I should be
able to build a set of binaries to make up the Red Hat base install
set and work from there.

   > If SGI is on the list of supported computers, I would gladly join the
   > project. My experience:
   >
   >    Unix:   4.4BSD (internals), SVR4 (internals)
   >            IRIX internals (as far as that's possible with SGI :-)

     objdump -d :-)

I miss adb on the Sparc, and have grown used to dbx for these purposes
;-)

Yow! 233 microsecond remote host TCP latency ---- beat that
David S. Miller, dm@engr.sgi.com           /_____________/ / / / /_/ ><