Re: SGI

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: SGI
From: paul@suite.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1996 11:46:46 +1000 (EST)
Hi folks!

I've been off-line for a bit with my day job...

>                       It is currently booting single user over NFS
> > on an Indy, we just got a disk driver last night.  It runs IRIX
> > binaries (elf, and maybe some day old COFF binaries) as long as
> > we've added all the little IRIX isms.  SO far, stuff like sed, awk,
> > that sort of thing, works.
>
> COFF will be also interesting for the DECstations and old Mips, Inc systems.
> I don't have a use for it but there is probably a volunteer on this list?

This is certainly in the 'todo' list for the DECstation port, though
it is way down towards the end of that list.  No one has currently
volunteered to write the code, but I'll naturally be happy to
co-ordinate its inclusion in the DECstation port.

> > The guy doing all the work (or at least 99% of it) is David Miller, the
> > Sparc/Linux guy.  We bought him :-)
>
>   :-)

What I want to know is: "What with?"  I know some people on this list
can be bought for a case of beer... :-)

Regards,
Paul (sometime co-ordinator of the Linux/MIPS ports for DECstation & R3000)