Re: milo 0.27 ?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: milo 0.27 ?
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 18:56:47 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> Anyway, Milo 0.27 is not assured to work on all ARC boxes, Ralf had
> experienced little problem with an interim version on the  RM200 for
> example. Anyway it only means that 0.28 will popup quickly, I hope.

The new GCC/binutils combination I'm using for development of the shared
library stuff will also help to solve some of the SNI ARC BIOS related
problems.  The SNI ARC BIOS behaves unlike all the others I know of.  While
this is still ok according to the specs it breaks Milo due to assumptions
that I have to make to work around lacking binutil capabilities.  The
alternative would have been to write Milo completly in assembler ...

There are some other things that were working on othe ARC (pronounce Argggg)
BIOSes but break the SNI thing also.