Linux Mips for DeskStation

To: <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
Subject: Linux Mips for DeskStation
From: gpark@ibm.net
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 96 01:19:27
I have a DeskStation rPC with an 100MHz R4400, 512KB Cache, 32 Meg RAM,
Ethernet Card, and currently a 340 M SCSI drive with NT Workstation loaded.

The machine sits next to a 486-66 on which I do Linux development. I might be
interested in configuring a spare drive as Linux MIPS, and doing some testing/
debugging, though probably not real kernel hacking on the DeskStation.

If the OS is stable and complete enough to serve NFS to the 486, I might
actually
find it useful. (NT Workstation doesn't do NFS).

Is this thinkable, or am I dreaming?

/Geoff Park, B.Sc. ,B.Eng.