Re: TLB Management , C library

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: TLB Management , C library
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 18:37:00 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> do a SAVE_ALL, but hangs: I get a tlbs exception when trying to store the
> first register. I suppose this call should be handled on the kernel stack,
> however. I still have some trouble understanding how the CU0 bit is used
> to select between kernel and user stacks.

Yes, this is a bit wiered ...  The kernel uses the CU0 bit to mark that it
is running on the kernel stack.  As set CU0 bit means that we're running
on the kernel stack while a cleared bit means we're on the user stack and
have to switch to the kernel stack for the next exception.  A bit dirty
but works excellent ...

> It is big endian, so if we have to deal with binaries they'll have to be
> compiled big-endian. We have just checked the fnet server but weren't able
> to find the snapshot. Do you have an URL for it ? And also for root-0.01 ?
> By the way, memory space is at an absolute premium for us, so we really need
> a way to strip the library from unneeded components.

Allmost all of the binary archives that I've uploaded are little endian, so
the one I've mentioned won't be very helpfull for you.  Aside from that all
these archives should be on ftp.fnet.fr:/linux-mips/.

The glibc sources are a bit a special.  Due to request of the GNU people I'm
not distributing them via ftp.fnet.fr.  Instead you can get them from
alpha.gnu.ai.mit.edu:/roland/ and apply my patches from fnet or just use
my binaries.  Admited, the last patches and big endian binaries I've
uploaded are ancient ...