Re: status

Subject: Re: status
From: Didier Frick <>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 1996 13:34:19 +0200
Vincent Rijmen wrote:
> Hello,
> I am interested in the status of the linux-mips project.
> We have here two DEC 5000/33 stations. On one of them it has been tried
> to install nulltrix 4.5, without success.
> One line of thinking is that we try to install linux on these machines
> (we have already three PC's with linux). I had a look at the www page
> of this project, but it seems a bit early to use it.
> How can I keep up with the development status ?
Hello, I've only been working on this project for 10 days, so
I don't have much information. All I can say is that we want
to get linux to run on a R3000 big endian CPU, which should
be what the DECstations have.
The big trouble will be to get DECstation drivers, which
are hardware (not CPU) specific. I don't think I can help
a lot on this side.

The best way to keep up seems to be this mailing list.