Re: DS5000/120

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DS5000/120
From: paul@suite.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 23:22:30 +1000 (EST)
Hi Michael,

> a friend of mine and I recently acquired two DecStations 5000/120 in working
> condition (for free :)). After stealing 16 MB out of a dead DS3100, both
> machines work fine with a terminal connected to serial port 2 as console.

Cool!

> I know from the NetBSD sources that there exist several documents from DEC
> describing the 5000/1xx hardware, but I wasn't able to find those on the
> net (only the DS3100 and 5000/200 docs on gatekeeper). Does anyone know where
> we might get a version (either printed or Postscript/PDF) of these documents ?

The reason you can't find them is that they are not publically available.
DEC has made them available to individuals at different times but has
not published them.  This is about to change however, as my good friend
John "Maddog" Hall at DEC is getting them cleaned up and approved for
publication.

Stay tuned to this exciting channel... in fact, I may well be able to
visit maddog personally next week while I'm in the area so I'll try
to get an update.

Regards,
Paul