Subject: DS5000/120
From: Michael Engel <>
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 16:36:47 +0200 (MET DST)
Hello to all you Linux/MIPS hackers,

a friend of mine and I recently acquired two DecStations 5000/120 in working
condition (for free :)). After stealing 16 MB out of a dead DS3100, both
machines work fine with a terminal connected to serial port 2 as console.

I know from the NetBSD sources that there exist several documents from DEC
describing the 5000/1xx hardware, but I wasn't able to find those on the
net (only the DS3100 and 5000/200 docs on gatekeeper). Does anyone know where
we might get a version (either printed or Postscript/PDF) of these documents ?

        Michael Engel   (