Re: Kernel patches

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Kernel patches
From: Stoned Elipot <Stoned.Elipot@univ-evry.fr>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 11:27:27 +0200
Hi,
>>>>> "Munira" == Munira Rahemtulla <munira@Crissy.Stanford.EDU> writes:
[SNIP]
Munira> Could someone provide us with information about what happens
Munira> in the parts of milo that cannot be distributed?  We have been
Munira> looking for the definitions of the bootinfo and screeninfo
Munira> structures because we are trying to simulate what happens in
Munira> milo.

bootinfo structure was defined in linux/include/asm-mips/bootinfo.h,
but since Milo 0.26 is no longer used even defined in kernel's
includes, we use what we call tgas instead, have a look in milo's
bitags.c and identify.c, and in kernel's arch/mips/setup.c.
Fortunately the tags creation process is much more commented in Milo
0.27 which I haven't released yet due to lack of time and lack of
sleep :( Sorry for this.

And well screeninfo struct is defined in linux/include/tty.h if I
recall well, in Milo 0.26 the kernel's image screeninfo struct is
still manipulated by Milo before the kernel is launched but this is
remplaced by new tags in the coming Milo 0.27.

Cheers, Stoned.