Re: Cascade interrupt

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Cascade interrupt
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 07:53:25 -0600
: Intel publish lots of books, just find your local Intel distributor.

My day job gives me wonderful access to a huge library.  Sadly, the
volume that has the 82xx stuff in it that is interesting is on
walkabout...

: There are lots of datasheets on WWW and anonymous ftp servers.  While
: an Alta Vista (I find Lycos is often better) search will sometimes
: turn up a data sheet in one go, there's an awful lot of ftp.<man>.com
: sites (eg man = opti... try it).

Yes.  I noticed that.  Intel has only a few of their docs online,
especially for older chips.  The newer chipsets seem to typically say
"with two 8279A compatible chips built in" and then never describes
tham further.  I'll have to try Lycos, because I'm very happy with
Alta Vista.

: File formats vary.  Opti seem to like self-extracting executable
: DOS archives, and Adobe PDF is widespread (get xpdf... it's
: much more likely to run than Acrobat).  It helps to have a DOS/Windows
: PC (spit!) on hand.

There are a bunch of file unpackers for Unix that seem to get the job
done most of the time....  Alas, I have a DOS/Windows box to run the
accounting software for the Village and my consulting business.

Warner