Re: Cascade interrupt

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Cascade interrupt
From: Dominic Sweetman <dom@algor.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 May 96 14:44:10 +0100
> Hmm, I've never tried to get data-sheets via Alta-vista.  But If you
> want to try, the PIC's are from Intel type number 8259.  It might be
> difficult to get data sheets for these chips because nowadays the PICs
> are integrated into either chipsets or even the CPU.

Intel publish lots of books, just find your local Intel distributor.

There are lots of datasheets on WWW and anonymous ftp servers.  While
an Alta Vista (I find Lycos is often better) search will sometimes
turn up a data sheet in one go, there's an awful lot of ftp.<man>.com
sites (eg man = opti... try it).

File formats vary.  Opti seem to like self-extracting executable
DOS archives, and Adobe PDF is widespread (get xpdf... it's
much more likely to run than Acrobat).  It helps to have a DOS/Windows
PC (spit!) on hand.

Dominic Sweetman
dom@algor.co.uk