Re: Kernel patches

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Kernel patches
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 12:40:30 -0600
: Ought it's getting complicated, perhaps we should find a way of
: putting back milo in kernel source tree, somewhere under
: arch/mips/{arc|jazz}/boot ?

There already is a very old version of MILO in the arch/mips/boot
directory.  One that I had to create a dummy makefile for because I
don't have all the right header files to do the kernel build
otherwise.

However, there is one minor problem with this idea.  There are
currently (as of .26 anyway) parts of MILO that cannot be distributed
as source and are binary only (although some of the information in the
binary only code is also in the sources to OpenBSD).  It may be tricky
to arrange for things of this nature to be in the tree.

Have fun at the pre-2.0 conference to all those that are lucky enough
to be going.  Say hi to Drew for me if you see him :-)

Warner