Re: Olivetti console - eureka!

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Olivetti console - eureka!
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 13:06:58 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> Hum Hum,... I really need to send as quickly as possible my kernel
> patches to Ralf with all this mahtype stuff but first I have to polish
> milo 0.27 'cause Milo 0.26 will be useless with these kernel
> patches. And well we (Luc and I) booted my Oily with an NFS rootfs,
> use gcc natively, telnet,...  Sorry Wayne we hadn't yet tested your
> g364.c, but cat /proc/cpuinfo tell us it's an Olivetti M700 that was
> one thing we wanted - I think ;) - and /proc/cmdline can hold
> whatever you want (if passed to Milo of course) up to CL_SIZE which is
> for now 80.

I'm thinking about if we should add something like a bootrc for milo
with all relevant information for bootstrapping.  Linux kills the ARC
BIOS completly (gaining between several hundere kb to some megs RAM
dependand from the ARC BIOS implementation ...) and we can therefore
not write to the ARC BIOS variables directly.  This means we have to
change them directly from the BIOS which is very unhandy.  (But this
comfort is worth that much memory ...)