Re: Libc questions for development with SGI compiler

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Libc questions for development with SGI compiler
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 22:16:06 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> I am trying to use the newly developed compiler for SGI.  I am a little
> confused about which libraries I should be using.  I initially thought that
>
> libc-4.6.27.tar.gz

Most of Linux itself and related programs has been developed using GCC.
If you don't intend to rewrite _large_ parts of the code use GCC 2.7.2 plus
my patches from ftp.fnet.fr.  SGI's C compiler may be superior in many
aspects but it donesn't have the goodies that GCC has ...

The same applies for as/ld/objdump/ranlib etc.  Use the versions built with
from bintuils-2.6.tar.gz plus my patches from ftp.fnet.fr or get fun ...

> was the correct set but it doesn't contain stdlib.h, file.h and many others.
> I know I am missing something basic, but I am new to this game :)  Can
> someone tell me what libraries I should be using and where I can get them.

stdlib.h is part of the include file archive which is a separate archive
named include-4.6.27.tar.gz.  Some of the include files are generated
during the installation of GCC in

   Ralf

PS: It is recommended to press the return key every 80 chars ...