mm problem with Olivetti [Was: Olivetti console - eureka! ]

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: mm problem with Olivetti [Was: Olivetti console - eureka! ]
From: Stoned Elipot <Stoned.Elipot@univ-evry.fr>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 10:40:47 +0200
Hi all,
>>>>> "Wayne" == Wayne Hodgen <hodgen@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de> writes:
[SNIP]
Wayne> result is a white on black (linux standard) 128x48 console
Wayne> (still with the same font as before ...) which works 4 times
Wayne> faster than the old AND DOESN'T CRASH! Virtual consoles work
[SNIP]

Great, good work Wayne. From my side I still have problems with the
Olivetti made a plain separeted machine from the magnum (but sharing a
lot of code both via mips_machtype= MACH_JAZZ and in few places with
mips_machtype == MACH_OLIVETTI_M700 || mips_machtype ==
MACH_MIPS_MAGNUM_4000 when these last two boxes differ from he PICA):
I'd broken the mm part of the kernel but I can't find any Magnum
specific part of this that I should share with the "new machine" (aka
Olivetti). Ralf could you tell me more please ? Is there any place
where I should have a triple-look for machine dependent (and not only
CPU dependent) code regarding the mm ?

Once I'll work out this minor problem, I'll be ready to release Milo
0.27 and kernel patches with new machgroup and machtype handling...

Cheers, Stoned.