Re: Deskstation info

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Deskstation info
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 19:08:36 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> Sure you could have. But to what avail? Shared libs are not important until
> you can rebuild the system native. I've been able to do that for about a year
> now so shared libs was a natural next step. (after X11 and some other stuff).
> The snapshots are not perfect, but according to all the patches you've done
> to get 2.6.0 to work like you want it, "relesed" versions aren't either.
> However, having it working on OpenBSD helped to get several bugs out so when
> it's finally released it will be a more stable release.

Almost every userland binary that I have has been built native so shared
libs ARE one of the next logic steps.  Shared libs will also help to spread
improvements in the libc much faster throughout the userland and thats a
property of shared libc in which I'm very interested.  Oh, and in making
my uploads faster ;-)