Re: Deskstation info

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Deskstation info
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 09:32:48 -0600
: Go figure a change to the keyboard driver would fix linux's ability to
: mount the floppies on my machine.  1.3.65 paniced when I tried to
: mount root because it wasn't reading in the blocks correctly.  1.3.66
: now mounts my root file system, but I'm missing a few things on the
: disk I have that keep me from getting to a # prompt.  I'm off trying
: to build a sane root floppy now.

Well, 1.3.66 gets farther, but still has problems after the first
couple of successful reads, so the bug is still there.  Bummer.  At
least I've backported ext2fs from FreeBSD-current to -stable so I can
create root disks now.

Oh well, back to the big march to 1.3.96.  I had hoped for a while
that 1.3.66 would have been the ticket for me to get the sh prompt.

Warner