Re: Magnum != Olivetti

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Magnum != Olivetti
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Thu, 09 May 1996 08:29:21 -0600
: And I finnally used with success my developpment Milo 0.27 which
: binary image is now only 28k big.

Cool.  You might be able to get another 1-2k out of that if that is
the stripped size.  Does this mean that 0.27 is about ready to go out
the door, or was that also on the disk that died.

: I was about to add a ethernet and IDE card in my oily in order to
: reach the level of reliability other people like Tor or Warner/Ralf
: had achivied with this box when this motherboard's trip to "hardware
: cemetary" occured :(

Ummm, I'm not sure I'd call my system reliable just yet.  I've still
not had a # prompt on it (but I haven't tried a tftp root either).
I'm still trying to track down what changed between .62 and .96 to
cause my machine to stop servicing interrupts...  It is a slow
process, but I am making progress.

Warner