Re: Magnum != Olivetti

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Magnum != Olivetti
From: Wayne Hodgen <hodgen@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 10:15:58 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> [SNIP]
> Ralf> Which Stoned has eleminated with deadly precission ...
>
> Hum,.. as I said, not really just change the value of MACH_MIPS_OLIVETTI :)

Hmmm, so is there a way to tell them apart? Or could you point me at the
right place to look/change? At the moment I have #if 0 round the magnum
bit which isn't very nice.

> Ralf, as soon I would be able to make bickel running again, I'll send
> you all this.

Thats good to hear, I need the parameter passing in milo 27 :) Then I can
boot from HD without nasty hacks...

On another note: with the correct serial clock generator in, I can send
stuff to another machine (eg cat /etc/passwd > /dev/ttyS0). But, it never
closes the serial connection, it gets stuck in an interrupt loop (I switched
the int debugging back on) for ever amen :( You get the file once right,
then with 1 empty line after each correct one, then 2 empty lines etc. Very,
very wierd stuff.

I really hate this sort of shit, you know, you set out to fix one thing and
end up fixing 5 others before you can get to the one you started out to fix.

Ciao
--
Wayne Hodgen   | hodgen@informatik.uni-koblenz.de | #include <ridiculouslylong
Uni Koblenz,   | or Fight-o-net 2:2454/500.69     | legalesemumbojumbodisclaim