Re: Magnum != Olivetti

Subject: Re: Magnum != Olivetti
From: Stoned Elipot <>
Date: Thu, 09 May 1996 08:52:19 +0200
Hi all,
>>>>> "Wayne" == Wayne Hodgen <> writes:
Wayne> I changed the JAZZ_BASE_BAUD define to the PC norm, et viola!
Wayne> she works.  I guess that means we need some sort if "I'm an
Wayne> Oli" define somewhere...

Ah,... Well I was finally right from the "beginning", I/we had put from
place to place OLIVETTI... stuff for now with just the same values as
for the MAGNUM 4000, time to make the things clearer !

Regarding this subject I got a little kernel patch for kernel 1.3.96
wich changes a little bit the mips_machgroup mips_machtype handling
(the harder for me was to fix wire_mapping in head.S: it now use a two
level array scheme for getting the wired TLB entries) but I think it's
working, there is also a quick and dirty hack in proc.c for
reporting the correct family group and model, someone would problably
find a better way).

Unfortunatelly the motherboard of the box holding the disks on which
this patch is, died last night at 11h: for who knows it, is dead, houin... !!

And I finnally used with success my developpment Milo 0.27 which
binary image is now only 28k big.

I was about to add a ethernet and IDE card in my oily in order to
reach the level of reliability other people like Tor or Warner/Ralf
had achivied with this box when this motherboard's trip to "hardware
cemetary" occured :(

Cheers, Stoned.
PS/ Another motherboard to stick on the walls of the flat ! Luc, a few
others and I'll have as much as you in this state :)