Re: SGI UltraP...

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: SGI UltraP...
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 00:33:56 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> This really has no relavence, but I was reading that press release that your
> site links to about SGI's UltraP Pentium-Replacement boards.  That press
> release mentioned no one actually making these boards.  Did anyone ever
> produce them?  (They sounded interesting :)

Yes, they indeed sounded interesting; I even think someone once offered
me such a thing once for porting Linux to ...

But anyway - that thingy isn't supported yet (and probably has never been
really been marketed; I had to tell some SGI official that this thing
exists at all ...) and I have to admit that the UltraP module nowadays
has lost a lot of it's atractivity due to the availability of i686 boards.