TEAMate Web/BBS Server for Linux

To: linux@waldorf-gmbh.de
Subject: TEAMate Web/BBS Server for Linux
From: info@mmb.com
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 22:42:20 +0200
MMB TEAMate Newsletter -  May 7, 1996

TEAMate is the only server product for UNIX that
combines both a Web and BBS interface in a single
product.  Users may access a TEAMate server with the
Web browser of their choice, a session based GUI client
for Windows or Mac, a VT100 terminal or even by
sending a mail message with an included query.  All
information is dynamically indexed for immediate
retrieval and the server generates HTML so you dont
have to.

Since TEAMate also works with our proprietary, session
based client, you can provide your users with a client
program customized exactly to your specifications, with
your logo, look and feel, etc., that will operate across the
Internet via TCP/IP or even over normal dial up service
without a TCP/IP connection.  You receive an unlimited
distribution license for our client when you license the
server.

Visit our site to run TEAMate and to get the latest at
http://mmb.com

Internet World 96 Show

This was a great show!  Everyone who was anyone in the
Internet world was there.  Our booth was in a great
location and we got over 1000 entries in our contest (see
below).  The show was so big that the exhibition
company set up a tent to house extra exhibits.  The bad
news was that the weather in San Jose was unseasonable
(warm) and the temperature in the tent was over 100.
The show next year will be in Los Angeles at the LA
Convention Center.

We showed our test version of our Java client for
TEAMate and the response was excellent.  A number of
people commented that it was one of the few Java
applications that really did something.  Well have it on
our Web Site soon.  We expect a production release of
our Java client during the summer.

Linux $495

We believe that UNIX is a much stronger platform for
commercial applications than NT and to show our
continued support for UNIX as a platform at the show we
announced that we would be supporting the Linux
version of UNIX with a special price of $495.  This
includes ALL of the TEAMate modules and an unlimited
user license.  A maintenance and support contract is
available for $495 per year.  We hope that by supporting
this free version of UNIX we will increase the overall use
of UNIX and promote UNIX as the best platform for
multi-user applications.  We will begin shipping the
Linux version of TEAMate in June.

Netscape Server TEAMate Plug-In

We are now testing the next release of TEAMate that will
run as a server plug-in to a Netscape server.  All of the
features of TEAMate will be available including access
via our customizable GUI client for Windows and
Macintosh.  If youre already a Netscape server user, you
should take a look at this plug-in to add forums,
classified ads, reference libraries, event calendars, user
authoring and much more to your existing server.  Try
TEAMate out at http://mmb.com

TEAMate Phrase Search & User Defined Fields

The latest release adds a flexible phrase search to the
TEAMate search.  In addition this release supports user
defined fields.  This means that if you need to define an
additional field to be associated with an entry, you can
easily do so.  A good example of this would be a
classified ad where you needed to add a field for the price
of the item.  With the new capability you can add the
numeric field for price and your users will be able to
search from a certain price to a certain price to locate
exactly the information they need.  This capability is
integral to TEAMate and does not require any add-on
software.

Sierra Solutions E-mail Product

You may have noticed that we are now answering our
phones MMB Sierra.  This is because we have joined
with Sierra Solutions to help them with the marketing
and distribution of their MailRoom product.  MailRoom
is a complete off-line electronic mail product that works
with MCI mail.  Sierra is also testing a new version that
will work with Internet mail via a POP-3 server.  You
can get a complete working copy of their software from
their Web site at http://www.sierrasol.com/sierrasol

Contest Winners

As many of you know we held a contest in conjunction
with the Internet World show in San Jose.  The first
prize, a complete TEAMate system for the computer of
their choice was won by Bob Britt of United Press
International.  The Eddie Bauer duffel bag was won by
Dale Rickman of Hughes Aircraft.

Training Class

Our next one week training class is scheduled for July
15th.  The cost is $1800.  Please call Aisling or Lisa at
(800) 832-6022 for reservations.

Demo Site Access

You can access our demonstration site in a variety of
ways.   With a Web browser you can go to
http://mmb.com.  You can retrieve a copy of our GUI
client software from our FTP site (use the login of
anonymous).  You can telnet to teamate.mmb.com and
use the login name of public.  You can send an e-mail
message to query@mmb.com.  You can use a Gopher
client to teamate.mmb.com.  If you have a PC with a
terminal program such as Procomm you can call (310)
318-5302.  Use VT100 emulation and when prompted for
a login use public.

Our site is a complete functioning version of our software
and includes as content, complete information about our
products.  You can prototype your own information right
on our demo site.

MMB Development Corporation Contact Information

We are located in Manhattan Beach, California.  Our
address is 904 Manhattan Avenue, Manhattan Beach, CA
90266.  Our phone numbers are (800) 832-6022 or (310)
318-1322.  Our fax number is (310) 318-2162.  Our e-
mail address is info@mmb.com.

          "TEAMate Software to Help People Work Together"

MMB Development Corporation           MOSAIC URL:http://teamate.mmb.com
904 Manhattan Ave.                    TELNET teamate.mmb.com (login: public)
Manhattan Beach, CA  90266            GOPHER teamate.mmb.com
(800) 832-6022 or (310) 318-1322      DIALUP (310) 318-5302 (login: public)
FAX: (310) 318-2162                   EMAIL QUERY query@mmb.com