Re: m700-10 success

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: m700-10 success
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 21:32:51 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> Since I now have a hard disk that I can install from my intel box,
> I'd love to have something more up to date than root-0.1.  I'd be
> happy to help build this if that would help...

Yes, root-0.01 will be obsolete faster than I want to.  I've fixed
a bug in the libc/kernel signal handlers.  The problem was that some
routines assumed that sizeof(sigset_t) == 8 while it really should
be 16 because (remember that we're sys-five'ish!) of sigset_t defined
as:

typedef sigset_t {
        int __sigbits[4];
}

The fixed kernel now overwrites a little bit too much memory when it
copies a sigset_t to usermem.  Yikes.

Ok, I think I'll cheat a bit to keep the user stuff at live ...