Re: m700-10 success

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: m700-10 success
From: tor@spacetec.no (Tor Arntsen)
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 01:14:22 +0200
(More late followup.  Sorry about the late answer, too busy at work right now,
 should be better later I hope)

On May 2, 11:30, Stoned Elipot wrote:
>And please could you tell me more about the corss-compiler env you use
>to compile binaries (which lib, which sources, or which binaries from
>Ralf...) as I wasn't able to make ash (home compilation) run. Thanks.

I'm using the mips-sgi-irix5/mipsel-linux (for compiling the kernel)
and the mips-sgi-irixt/mipsel-linuxelf (for userland) cross compiler tools,
the same ones as are now at ftp.fnet.fr in the crossdev directory.

The libc I used (I have compiled just a little) was the libc-951212
mipsel-linuxelf version, although the header files were include-960120.
I have no idea where I got those from.. it doesn't matter much now anyway,
as Ralf has provided a new libc.

The header files I installed in several places: /usr/include (as seen by the
oli), and also in (just a link) /usr/mipsel-linuxelf/include just for good
measure.

I also put them in /usr/local/mipsel-linuxelf/include directory (as seen by
the cross-compiling host).

Then it's important to fix up the include/linux and include/asm symbolic
links everywhere, no use having them to point to Ralf's home directory :-)

With this installed I could compile relatively easy, just by specifying
gcc -b mipsel-linuxelf on the SGI (my cross-compiling host).

For binaries I use root-0.01.tar.gz from ftp.fnet.fr, I have shuffled a bit
around with some stuff (particularly the rc scripts and /etc things) to get
the network and nfsboot/mount scenario that I want, but this is not really
of much use for anyone else.

-Tor