Re: NAPS now integrated to DECStation code... issues!

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: NAPS now integrated to DECStation code... issues!
From: paul@suite.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 21:21:32 +1000 (EST)
Miguel,

> > Now one thing I've noticed is that lots of these issues ought to have
> > been covered in the SPARC port... but the current OS releases seem to
> > be incomplete with regard to SPARC code.  Is the SPARC source tree
> > currently separate from the main Linux tree?? Should I get it to see
> > what they've done??
>
> Linus tree is close to the Sparc tree.  We have a couple of changes to
> the main kernel that have not been yet merged.  You can look at them
> in vger.rutgers.edu:/pub/linux/Sparc/patches (we have patches relative
> to our last tree and relative to Linus latest kernel at the time).

Yeah - I just patched my development environment machine up to the
1.3.98 level, and noticed that plenty of the SPARC code has changed.

I see that the sbus is now catered for, and that the serial, frame
buffer and keyboard drivers are now under drivers/sbus/char.  This is
the particular code I was interested in because the DECStation is going
to need something similar for the TURBOChannel devices.  I also
wanted to know that someone else had done a Z8530 async. serial
driver etc... (call me lazy, or at least just wanting some consistancy
amongst the architectures :-)

I gather your offer of modifying sunlance.c into a DEC version is
still on offer??  (We still have lots of interrupt and DMA code to
do before you can do that though... I think.)

Regards,
Paul