Re: MILO on NEC RISCstation 2200

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: MILO on NEC RISCstation 2200
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 01:05:10 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> : Completly unrelated - the new libc 960501 is significantly better than
> : the old.  I've just built a usable bash and do a native recompile of
> : the lib to get rid of some crosscompiltion artefacts.
>
> Cool.  Your system is sounding stable if it is able to do that.  libc
> isn't small :-)

You think this is *big*?  I've already stripped all local symbols out of
the archive.  Otherwise libc.a would be far bigger.

Indeed my system is relativly useable now.  Crash reason #1 during the
last time was my IDE disk, which I already had thrown away because of
too many read errors ...  I just had digged it out again because I don't
own no other IDE disk. The whole thing is however still not 100%
reliable.  The stupid thing with the remaining bugs that crash the kernel
is, that they rarely leave a useable information for debugging - but I'm
working on 'em.