Re: NAPS now integrated to DECStation code... issues!

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: NAPS now integrated to DECStation code... issues!
From: Stoned Elipot <Stoned.Elipot@univ-evry.fr>
Date: Mon, 06 May 1996 14:53:33 +0200
Hi all,
>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Antoine <paul@suite.sw.oz.au> writes:
[SNIP]
Paul>   The tags for machine hierarchy still need some work.  I
Paul> propose the following:

Paul>           mach_group: DECStation
                            ARC
                            others...

Paul>   And that tag_machtype then be a different list of machines
Paul> depending upon machgroup:

Paul>           DECStation: UNKNOWN 0
                            DS3100 1
                            DS5000/200 2
                            DS5000/100 3
                            DS5000/2x 7

Paul>           ARC UNKNOWN 0
                    DESKSTATION_RPC44 1
                    DESKSTATION_TYNE 2
                    ACER_PICA_61 3
                    MIPS_MAGNUM_4000 4
                    OLIVETTI_M700 4

Paul>           MIPS UNKNOWN 0

Paul>   etc.  I say this because it then lets me use the standard DEC
Paul> machine type codes, and is notionally a better hierarchy.

This implies some tuning in various kernel files (asm-mips/floppy.h)
but I think this is great.

I'll try to integrate this in the patchs I'll send to Ralf tomorrow or
the day after tomorrow (Yeah, I know I said I would release Milo 0.27
before the end of... last week. But I slept spleepy this week-end :)

Paul, could you tell me more about the exact names/values of the cpp
defs I guess you'd put in bootinfo.h ?

Cheers, Stoned.