Re: MILO on NEC RISCstation 2200

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: MILO on NEC RISCstation 2200
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Sat, 04 May 1996 14:59:17 -0600
: You can't even find out exactly how much RAM is installed ...

I know.  I wish I knew how NT and/or my BIOS found this out (it tells
me when I boot), but I can't.

: There is also no exactly defined address for where to load an executable
: to.  The address that I'm using for Milo is the address of the NT
: installer but there are other addresses in use.

I was wondering where that address came from...

: Have to experiment with relocatable code when
: the next public release of the binutils is out - I really try to avoid
: using snapshots which could already do that.

Yes, but how will that help you?  Or does the BIOS load it to some
random address, but pic code will render what that address is a moot
point.  That would be very very very useful in doing the install tools
:-)

Warner