Re: MILO on NEC RISCstation 2200

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: MILO on NEC RISCstation 2200
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Sat, 4 May 1996 20:22:24 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> I've seen this problem (or a similar one) when I was booting MILO at
> the wrong address.  I'll bet the BIOSes were developed to the point
> they could install and boot WNT 3.1.  I've seen rumblings in the news
> groups about NT needing new ROMs from time to time when new releases
> came out due to bugs in the ROMs.  I don't recall the exact details,
> but was around the 3.51 beta time frame.

You can't even find out exactly how much RAM is installed ...  Oh, do
I have to add that the Magnum/M700 BIOSes are (C) M$ ...
There is also no exactly defined address for where to load an executable
to.  The address that I'm using for Milo is the address of the NT
installer but there are other addresses in use.  On my Tyne I never could
use the network card installation tools becaue at the load address i
had no RAM installed ...  Have to experiment with relocatable code when
the next public release of the binutils is out - I really try to avoid
using snapshots which could already do that.