Attn all DECStation contributors

Subject: Attn all DECStation contributors
From: paul@suite.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Sat, 4 May 1996 10:13:07 +1000 (EST)
I have put a new test kernel on my ftp site, which I would like
all DECStation contributors to try:

        ftp://softway.com.au/pub/linux-mips/dec_vmlinux.1.3.62.test.gz

(It'd be nice if fnet could mirror it.)

It ought to correctly determine the amount of RAM, and the type and
firmware revision of you system.  Please let me know if it does not
correctly identify your system - tell me the system id number, and
the precise configuration.  Please note:

        DS2100/3100 owners may find it doesn't do anything...
        Owners of R4000 CPU upgrades need to tell me their system id's!

It is my first cut at the code required to cope with Stoned's new
argument passing scheme that just happens to also try to correctly
identify DEC hardware.  With luck I will have it correctly identifying
hardware and passing that to the kernel any day now.

Then all I have to do is to try to keep up with Ralf's kernel
patches...!!

Regards,
Paul