Re: m700-10 success

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: m700-10 success
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 14:33:24 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> And please could you tell me more about the corss-compiler env you use
> to compile binaries (which lib, which sources, or which binaries from
> Ralf...) as I wasn't able to make ash (home compilation) run. Thanks.

Give me another day to give the new libc a little bit more testing.  Things
look good but I've added almost three month of libc development to
my sources and adapted my libc port to the changed header files setup
in the kernel so I want to try to compile something bigger than
"Hello, world!" type test programs first.

Again just as I've already written in an aside to Tor's mail - the
current kernel header files cannot be used in combination with the yet
published libc include files.

I however can't see a reason why you can't run any version of sh on your
machine.  If you have a combination of kernel/libc header files that make
it possible for you to *compile* something it should run also.