Re: m700-10 success

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: m700-10 success
From: tor@spacetec.no (Tor Arntsen)
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 13:28:48 +0200
On May 2, 11:30, Stoned Elipot wrote:
>Congrats Tor, I wish my Oily run as well, could you please send me
>your kernel's .config file ?

Here it comes, through |grep =y to make it smaller:
CONFIG_MIPS_MAGNUM_4000=y
CONFIG_MIPS_JAZZ=y
CONFIG_CPU_R4X00=y
CONFIG_TLB_SHUTDOWN=y
CONFIG_BINFMT_ELF=y
CONFIG_CPU_LITTLE_ENDIAN=y
CONFIG_NET=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_FD=y
CONFIG_INET=y
CONFIG_SKB_LARGE=y
CONFIG_NETDEVICES=y
CONFIG_NET_VENDOR_3COM=y
CONFIG_EL2=y                    I have a 3c503 (NB! a couple of tricks needed)
CONFIG_NET_ISA=y
CONFIG_NE2000=y                 and a NE2000 which I keep putting in and out.
CONFIG_EXT2_FS=y
CONFIG_PROC_FS=y
CONFIG_NFS_FS=y
CONFIG_ROOT_NFS=y
CONFIG_RNFS_RARP=y

>And I guess you're a perfect candidat for the M700 tech manual ? I'll
>had two copies from Olivetti France months ago, Andy got one. I'll try
>to xerox it and send it over you.

Absolutely great!  I'll get in touch with you later in private email when I
get time (I'm working now, this is lunchtime.. the canteen closes in five
minutes, argh..)

>And please could you tell me more about the corss-compiler env you use
>to compile binaries (which lib, which sources, or which binaries from
>Ralf...) as I wasn't able to make ash (home compilation) run. Thanks.

I'll come back to this as well, this evening I hope.

Tor