m700-10 success

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: m700-10 success
From: tor@spacetec.no (Tor Arntsen)
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 11:50:27 +0200
Just a quick note to tell that the 1.3.96 kernel (+ Linus hint about adding
<asm/types.h> to skbuff.h, fixed in .97) boots and runs fine on my
Olivetti.  I never got interrupts working on 1.3.62, so this is progress.
(with 1.3.62 I could send, but not receive, with NE2000 as well as 3c503)
I don't have any docs on the m700-10 except for the inst manual, so I'm in
a difficult situtation for trying to fix such things myself. :-(

My 3c503 ethernet board works fine now, in PIO mode.  There's still something
wrong with the shared mem detection, I'll come back to that when I get time
again.  The nfsmounts works fine, things look good, and the console is really
bad, as Ralf indicated.. :-)

Good work!
Tor