Re: Milo Arc/SGI, question about 1.3.91 and ftp.fnet.fr bandwidth

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Milo Arc/SGI, question about 1.3.91 and ftp.fnet.fr bandwidth
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 08:45:16 -0600
: I think it should work on *all* implementations even though we have to
: use an undocumented feature.  I suppose the ARC installer for WNT uses
: this same interface that we'll be using for an ARC based partitioning
: program.
:
: I believe ramdisk based Installation disk are preferable for this purpose,
: though.

Hmmm.  You may be right.  We have more control in a Ramdisk based
env.  However, the number of kernels is going to be confusing to
people, so this might be nighmarish.  Can we find one place for MILO
to load, and then have a special install version of MILO that knows to
load vmlinux.rpc for my machine and vmlinux.pic for Ralf's machine,
and vmlinux.jaz for others?  Just a thought.  It can also warn if the
load address doesn't match a load address in its table too.

Warner