Re: Milo Arc/SGI, question about 1.3.91 and ftp.fnet.fr bandwidth

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Milo Arc/SGI, question about 1.3.91 and ftp.fnet.fr bandwidth
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@Julia.DE>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 01:37:52 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> I agree.  The other option is to use imake, which has enough
> difficulties outside of the X world to make it less convenient to use
> than gnu make.  Given that gnu make has been ported to a lot of
> places, and is the Linux standard make, I'd say that gnuisms are
> fine.

In my opinion imake is broken by design especially for an operating
system having such an inhomogen consistence like Linux with it's
dozens different library versions, kernel versions, directory structures
and more.  Autoconfig takes the right approach in that direction;
it tests for features.  Oh, and Stoned likes m4 which is being used
by Autoconfig and of course Milo's manpages ...