Re: Milo Arc/SGI, question about 1.3.91 and ftp.fnet.fr bandwidth

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Milo Arc/SGI, question about 1.3.91 and ftp.fnet.fr bandwidth
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 1996 15:27:20 -0600
: > In any case I'm trying to make Milo sources to serve as a framework
: > for a future SGI bootstrap loader, but is it really usefull ?
:
: I think we shouldn't answer this question before we've sawn SGI's
: standalone shell.  I remember some people on this list saying that they'd
: like to have a standalone shell for their ARC machines.

Agreed.  One of the things I'd like to see is a MASH or something like
that for my machine.  It would make the bootstrapping procedure
easier.  Also, I'd like to have some way to partition and newfs disk
areas from the ARC bios (even if it only works from "MOST" of the
implementations).  I now have a disk with 32M for kernels (DOS
partition) and 280M for hacking (soon to be ext2fs).  Ralf, will that
be enough?  Also, are disk roots supported yet.  setup.c leads me to
believe not.

Warner