Re: Milo Arc/SGI, question about 1.3.91 and ftp.fnet.fr bandwidth

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Milo Arc/SGI, question about 1.3.91 and ftp.fnet.fr bandwidth
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 1996 15:20:18 -0600
: IMHO it's perfectly fine to rely on GNU make in any case.  The company I'm
: working for makes software for different customers and the only way to stay
: sane and get real work done is to use GNU make on all platforms.

I agree.  The other option is to use imake, which has enough
difficulties outside of the X world to make it less convenient to use
than gnu make.  Given that gnu make has been ported to a lot of
places, and is the Linux standard make, I'd say that gnuisms are
fine.

Warner