Re: Milo Arc/SGI, question about 1.3.91 and ftp.fnet.fr bandwidth

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Milo Arc/SGI, question about 1.3.91 and ftp.fnet.fr bandwidth
From: tor@spacetec.no (Tor Arntsen)
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 1996 19:21:46 +0200
On Apr 28, 18:04, Stoned Elipot wrote:
>In any case I'm trying to make Milo sources to serve as a framework
>for a future SGI bootstrap loader, but is it really usefull ?
>I end up using GNUism in Milo's Makefile is it an inconvient ? I'd like
>to ear your comments on this. My idea is to make the whole package ready
>to compile or cross-compile. So I guess using relying on GNU make for
>'compilation' aka under Linux/MIPS is not a problem but for
>'cross-compilation' ? I'll also try to make it a 'configure;make' package.

IMHO it's perfectly fine to rely on GNU make in any case.  The company I'm
working for makes software for different customers and the only way to stay
sane and get real work done is to use GNU make on all platforms.

As far as SGI is concerned I'm also using gawk instead of SGI awk (which fails)
for the Linux cross-compile.  But then again SGI awk (on 5.3) is really oawk,
and I didn't try SGI's nawk.

Tor