Milo Arc/SGI, question about 1.3.91 and ftp.fnet.fr bandwidth

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr (The List)
Subject: Milo Arc/SGI, question about 1.3.91 and ftp.fnet.fr bandwidth
From: Stoned Elipot <Stoned.Elipot@univ-evry.fr>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 1996 19:03:52 +0200
Hi all,
In any case I'm trying to make Milo sources to serve as a framework
for a future SGI bootstrap loader, but is it really usefull ?
I end up using GNUism in Milo's Makefile is it an inconvient ? I'd like
to ear your comments on this. My idea is to make the whole package ready
to compile or cross-compile. So I guess using relying on GNU make for
'compilation' aka under Linux/MIPS is not a problem but for
'cross-compilation' ? I'll also try to make it a 'configure;make' package.

Regarding kernel 1.3.91, I'm not able to launch a /bin/sh. This /bin/sh
is ash - from sources tuned by Ralf available on ftp.fnet.fr - compiled in
ELF against GNU libc 951212 - the lastest available Ralf's work. But
the kernel_thread(do_shell......) in init/main.c:init() keeps getting launched
and it says: 'child xxx died with code 000b'
The do_execve() call in arch/mips/kernel/syscall.c:sys_execve() seems good
anyway.
I had also tried the ash binary from Ralf -> same thing... :(
Any hints ?

And about the bandwidth used by linux/MIPS on ftp.fnet.fr we should wait for
Luc coming back from weekend but I recall that it was more important than the
other stuff on this FTP server - which is in fact EUnet France one's.

Cheers, Stoned.