Re: Linux/SGI coming

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Linux/SGI coming
From: lm@neteng.engr.sgi.com (Larry McVoy)
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 1996 10:28:38 -0700
From: tor@spacetec.no (Tor Arntsen)
$ I (finally) have the SGI Linux/MIPS cross-compiling tools packed up ready
$ for installation in the crossdev directory (I made them once during Easter,
$ but due to an unfortunate reboot of my Challenge-L I lost it all as I kept
$ it in /tmp! :-/ -- and then I didn't have more time for a while).
$
$ (It's not on ftp.fnet.fr yet as I didn't find any writable incoming/ to ftp
$ it to. I've emailed Luc and Stoned for advise about where to put it.)

I'll want to suck these down onto linux.sgi.com next week.  Do you have
both binary and source distributions?

$ However, these tools are for little-endian Linux.  I have an Olivetti M700-10
$ so I don't need big endian (I'm just using the SGI for cross-compiling).
$ I'm sure Dave & co can easily (and may even prefer to) build the big-endian
$ versions themselves, but as I have Ralf's required patches + fix for the
$ GCC strength-reduce bug already installed in my sources I could produce an
$ eb version quickly I guess -- if someone wants it.  Just let me know.

If you want to build the other endian so we are all set up, I'll snarf
up that stuff and try and build an SGI stand alone shell using it.
Interesting little experiment, huh?

Lemme know,

--lm
---
Larry McVoy     lm@sgi.com     http://reality.sgi.com/lm     (415) 933-1804
Copyright 1996, all rights reserved.   Microsoft Network is prohibited from
redistributing this work in any form, in whole or in part without license.
License to distribute this work is available to Microsoft at $500.
Transmission without permission constitutes an agreement to these terms.