Re: Linux/SGI coming

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Linux/SGI coming
From: tor@spacetec.no (Tor Arntsen)
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 1996 18:48:57 +0200
On Apr 26, 19:15, Ralf Baechle wrote:
>The crosscompiler environment is based on GCC 2.7.2 and Binutils 2.6.  The
>required patches that fix lots of bugs and add Linux/MIPS support for
>a.out, ELF little/big endian byte order are available on ftp.fnet.fr.
>Their installation isn't easy but Dave shouldn't have to much trouble
>with this.
>
>There are some binary packages on ftp.fnet.fr for Linux/i386 host.  I'd like
>to have packages for more hosts, so if someone sends me binaries we'll put
>the online.  (I could create packages for Stun's OSes if someone wants them)

I (finally) have the SGI Linux/MIPS cross-compiling tools packed up ready
for installation in the crossdev directory (I made them once during Easter,
but due to an unfortunate reboot of my Challenge-L I lost it all as I kept
it in /tmp! :-/ -- and then I didn't have more time for a while).

(It's not on ftp.fnet.fr yet as I didn't find any writable incoming/ to ftp
it to. I've emailed Luc and Stoned for advise about where to put it.)

However, these tools are for little-endian Linux.  I have an Olivetti M700-10
so I don't need big endian (I'm just using the SGI for cross-compiling).
I'm sure Dave & co can easily (and may even prefer to) build the big-endian
versions themselves, but as I have Ralf's required patches + fix for the
GCC strength-reduce bug already installed in my sources I could produce an
eb version quickly I guess -- if someone wants it.  Just let me know.

Cheers,
Tor