Re: Linux/SGI coming

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Linux/SGI coming
From: lm@neteng.engr.sgi.com (Larry McVoy)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 10:02:38 -0700
I think I can probably find some resources to put a linux-cvs.sgi.com
machine on the net.  We have some spare ports on our internet ethernet.
If I put a machine there with disk space, and provide logins, can you
guys do the rest?  Note that I might be putting a linux pc there and
hacking it to limit the rate at which the data can move.  Has anyone
done this?  That's SGI's primary concern, they would like to "reserve"
some bandwidth for other stuff on that T1 line.

--lm
---
Larry McVoy     lm@sgi.com     http://reality.sgi.com/lm     (415) 933-1804
Copyright 1996, all rights reserved.   Microsoft Network is prohibited from
redistributing this work in any form, in whole or in part without license.
License to distribute this work is available to Microsoft at $500.
Transmission without permission constitutes an agreement to these terms.