Re: Linux boot question

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Linux boot question
From: Andreas Busse <andy@soft-n-hard.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 13:56:24 +0200
Hi again,

 > The death return to life :-)

Well, I wasn't actually dead but with zillions tons of workload on
my shoulders I really, really wasn't able to respond to any of
the postings. But I tried hard to read them all ;-)

 > I'd like a machine with the reset button on a two meter cable much more.
 > One can even use this without fingers... (Hi Gero (who luckily isn't reading
 > this mailing list ...)).

Yeah, with your nose. Or some other "device" ;-)

 > The bug is completly unrelated to ELF kernels.  Linux/1.2.13 has a bug
 > in the kernel the breaks the DPT driver.  Mike tried to convince Linus
 > to make a 1.2.14 but since this kernel was never released ...  Some
 > distributions featuring the 1.2.13 kernel have modified kernels with
 > a DPT bug fix.  That's why Debian is running.

Ah, I see. Hmmm. I need to figure out if it's possible to make a
Caldera bootdisk with a Debian kernel. Or shall I completely use
the Debian distribution?

 > (Hey Mike ...  This is now your catchword to advertise for DPT ;-)

I have four of them and I prefer them over any other SCSI controllers
for PC's. Enough advertising?

Cheers,
Andy