Re: Linux boot question

To: zaitcev@lab.ipmce.su (Pete A. Zaitcev)
Subject: Re: Linux boot question
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 12:23:43 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Hi Pete,

> >to workstations (If only SNI'd deliver what they promise ...>
>
> Hello, Ralf,
>
> BTW, how is it going? RM series are produced by license in Moscow now,
> that's why I'm asking. They are shown on any major exibition.

Well, we still didn't receive the machine promised by SNI.  So I continue
porting Linux/MIPS to dead hardware (Acer Pica).  Well, I consider a machine
not available for sale in Europe/US dead hardware.

This however doesn't mean that the project is dead - it just hasn't really
started yet.  A contract about SNI loaning a machine to Soft & Hard,
Andy's company has been signed.  SNI just hasn't fullfilled it's part yet.
People at SNI seem to be pretty interested in Linux/MIPS for their machines,
though.  Apparently one of them has asked for a port to a RM400 which is
a *SMP* machine.  Well, I'd cut off at least a dozen fingers for such a
beast :-)

Probably SGI will score better than SNI ...