Re: Linux boot question

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Linux boot question
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 00:02:37 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi all,

> Hi all (I'm finally back from holidays:)

Hope you had a lot fun :-)

> For non-ARC compliant box the kernel itself should do this hardware
> poking, create the tags at the end of memory. As an example, for  DECs
> - Paul is working on that - it  should be done in
> decstation.S:dec_entry() before jumping to head.S:kernel_entry() from
> where tags decoding/use can begin.

Just some additional words about head.S - with more and more platforms that
Linux/MIPS gets ported to (ranging from evalutation board over RISC PCs
to workstations (If only SNI'd deliver what they promise ...) and a
whole bunch of processor types that differ a lot I intend to eleminate
most of the startup code in head.S and place the exception handler code
into multiple files.