Linux boot question

Subject: Linux boot question
From: Steph Hannon <hannon@Crissy.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 96 1:21:13 PDT

I am trying to determine the exact sequence of events that occurs when Linux is
booted on a MIPS machine.  I am working on a port of Linux to a hardware
simulation environment and I need to figure out where Linux is polling the
hardware for details, so we can make sure the simulator reponds correctly.
I have been searching through the Linux Bible without a lot of luck.  Do you
have any suggestions about where I might look for more documentation on the
boot sequence?

Stephanie Hannon