Exceptions

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Exceptions
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 12:25:38 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

not enough with the recently reported address error exceptions.  There
is also a whole bunch of userland stuff that throws ADEL/ADES exceptions.
I'm fed up of fixing this "Intel desease".  1.3.84 has a new exception
handler for ADEL/ADES exceptions that fixes this problem for usermode
stuff.  For the kernel the policy is still to panic() on address error.

As in other MIPS operating systems with this feature the exception handler
can be switched on/off as per process option.  For now the default is on
until we've fixed all the user programs.  I'll also add the option to
the kernel to print warnings additionally.  These can be logged to syslog
and later on be analysed.